Thursday, July 3, 2014

Summer, Summer, Summer!

I was looking up songs about summer this past weekend and if you are part of my generation (and I think most of you are) then these will sound familiar:

"Surfin' Safari," The Beach Boys

"Summertime Blues," Eddie Cochran

"A Summer Song," Chad & Jeremy

"Surfer Girl," The Beach Boys

"School's Out," Alice Cooper

"Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer," Nat King Cole

"California Girls," The Beach Boys

"Under The Boardwalk," The Drifters

"Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini, Bryan Hyland

Do those tunes get your toes tapping and fingers snapping? Well, you can listen to them and more here at this website: http://www.billboard.com/articles/list/513566/top-30-summer-songs

What are your plans for the summer? Are you vacationing or staying close to the air conditioner? My daughter and grand daughter are staying with us for most of the summer, in fact next week she'll be on her own with her grandpa and me.....oh my! She's only 2 1/2, so a little young to teach how to quilt! But I found a quilt for her bed that she loves:  

When I have a few minutes to call my own, I'll be working in the studio on a quilt to enter into some shows this fall. I also have the script planned out for two new online workshops.... you'll hear more about those later. Plus, there's my vegetable garden; its been an ongoing battle with the deer, so I bought a "water cannon", a motion sensor/water sprinkler to scare them out of my veggies! I've had to replant the beets twice!

I know the summer will just fly past, I hope you have time for "fun in the sun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Susan

Let me know how it works out with the motion sensor sprinkler. A friend of mine has the same problem with deer. This year we have baby bunnies eating all the veggies. Disappointing!